4.26.2008

how do you spell relief?

Phew, those last posts were written when this here pillow fort was in the throes of a very tenuous situation of a stomach nature. Poor Rowie had a couple tough days there, the worst of which occurred in Farmville (sorry mama & dad!), but the past few days have been much easier going. I have several theories as to why:
1. The well water in Farmville done him wrong.
2. The homeopathic colic med we purchased done him right (thanks for the rec, btw, T-squared--we couldn't track down that exact product but managed to find one with very similar active ingredients. I also might try fennel tea when the next attack rears its head).
3. Or perhaps--sigh--my cutting out dairy has helped. Not to sound like a martyr or anything, but it has been a rough week without ice cream or cheese. I guess it'll be a rough year without ice cream or cheese.
4. I think this one may be it: Rowie loves him some guests! We were graced by both Auntie Carrie (who was here Wednesday through Friday) and Uncle Sam (who stayed from Thursday to Saturday). Everyone contributed nicely to the spoiling of the Ro--Carrie prepped him out in some Princeton logo garb and some adorable duds from BabyGap, as well as bringing an awesome book, and Sam contributed to his nephew's musical education with some tune-ful toys I'm sure Mercer and I will soon be humming along to, as well as bringing a nifty rainforest-theme visual display for his crib.

In terms of non-baby related news: well, after giving the matter some thought, I guess I haven't done anything non-baby related recently. But here's a sequence of photos I took yesterday morning. Recently, Rowie has enjoyed waking up early and hanging out in bed with me (and Mercer, too, when he's not working).
Oooh, and a vid-jo too! Here's one of him smiling at Papi:


2 comments:

smoov daddy t said...

ah, finally, some video! ro is even cuter in motion as he is static... i can see that he looks like both of his parents. there are shades of both of you in there!

fennel tea is a good idea. we give that to nayou sometimes as well. brenda also found that catnip (wtf?) works nicely too. there's lots of info about it online. we give him a fennel/catnip mix and it settles his stomach nicely. we bust out the colic calm for emergencies, but we haven't had one in ages (woohoo!).

tuneful toys huh. nayou was given this musical plush bug ages ago and the melody it plays haunts my dreams. i wonder if i will ever get it out of my head. can't wait to exact revenge on the friend who gave it to us ;)

Unknown said...

Man, I wanna see the baby so bad now after seeing the clip, but the St. Petersburg thing broke my piggy bank, le sigh. Fall or winter maybe?