12.15.2008

Rejecter Set

Well, I finished with my final exams this morning and now I have some time off before Spring semester. I've been sending poems out again, so the Christmastime is already seasoned with invective and rejection. Here's a recent rejection email. I sent this place FIVE poems four days ago:

Thanks for your interest in The Orange Room Review. We read the first THREE poems (as we accept 1 to 3 at a time) and are going to pass on them...We wish you luck placing them elsewhere...Thanks again and take care... (my emphasis)

Here's the retort email that, after counting to ten, I did not send:

I only read half your email...but I think I get...it...good luck...reading really...fast...

Anyway, that's what you get with most editors. This week, biggie will be getting a flu vaccine and I will be buying near-belated Christmas presents and, eventually, posting pics of babies rather than poetry world complaints.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, well, it's not feasible for you but, I bet all the publishing woes would disappear in an instant if like I get thrown in jail (preferably for judicially questionable reasons) and start sending manuscripts out form there. Now THAT'S POLITICAL.

Too bad poetry's not worth all the assic violation.

D00d, it's so cold here, had I more coinage in my piggy bank I'd be eating grits in your hood in an eye blink.