12.01.2008

a ro by any other name

So here are some pictures from Maryland! Yeah, this trip was totally two weeks ago, but ehhh, nothing worth noting happened today anyhow. Above, Ro rides in his new wagon. He took a headfirst tumble about two minutes after this photo was taken. Nonetheless, the wagon was a hit.He met another baby who's about his age. Babies always love other babies. Ro is completely in awe of toddlers and their ilk--small people who can run, albeit unsteadily. When Mercer went to pick Ro up at daycare today, he was being squeeeezed by a three-year-old girl. I'm sure he was enchanted.Above, Ro dances with his great grandma. Also, above, the baby he was chatting up earlier plays coy in the arms of Mercer's cousin Lauren, who organized the shindig. Ooooh, and big props to Mercer's cousin Ashley, 'cause she had a baby this morning! 9 pounds 11 ounces. Christ almighty, what a whopper! We are super-psyched to meet baby Clark.

Hmmm, what else, what else? I saw Ro for like half an hour today. It sucked bad. I had to work late, and he didn't nap all day, so by the time I got home he was half asleep. In other news, he slept through the night last night! My first thought when I awoke was "damn, sleep feels great." Then I got scared something was wrong.

I was talking baby names with my friend at work today. I really can't imagine Ro having any other name, though so very many were bandied about--the name Rowan popped into my head as I sat at work a couple days before going into labor, and we didn't pick a name til Ro was born. I like how it's unisex. Hopefully it won't be one of those names that has a brief and shining phase as a male name but then morphs into a female name, a la Courtney or Gail or Ashley. I mean, I'm all for raising him pretty gender neutral, but it's a tough road for a boy named Sue.

No comments: