6.30.2008

Orange Julius, Rave, You know the place...




It's been mad rainy here recently, which is good b/c they say there's a drought and the water table is spread thin, etc. We had a nice storm Sunday night (a nice end to a nice lazy day) and afterwards there was a big rainbow (that you can't see in this picture).

That morning, Ro and I got up and walked to the coffeeshop and got a paper and mama got to sleep in until 9!!

Liz dressed like an Easter egg for the occasion. Rowie wore a Carolina Panthers jersey. They are a sports team. I assume it's squash or cricket or something...

Rowan: "Hey mama, you zig, I'll zag!"




Rowan has been doing very well with Ms. A., his sitter. Today the boy made his very first painting! With a sponge!
He came home with a little red paw from where he splashed it in the paint.
I can't help but think of my brother's famous "pumpkin pie" painting from his early, toddler-era work.






Kittens persist in living in our house.
The Lem is ever vigilant for new places to creep/nestle into. A while ago, she spent most of the night closed in the linen closet, tucked between two towels.

My friend Klaus, a German student I met in NYC (now doing a degree in American Studies) just started a blog. Maybe he'll shout out to kittens? (they're way American).










Today, me and Ro went to the mall. We bought a book called Hippos Go Berserk. In this story a lonely hippo invites not one, not two, but 44 guest hippos to his house for a party. We had a lot of fun, but at the end of the day, Rowie was

Rowan: "Hey Papi, I've been meaning to ask you...what's up with the sports jersey all of the sudden? I thought you were a 'poet,' etc. I mean I've never heard a game on the radio in the house...you know. Or anything...It's not like we watch the games, you know--it's just....I'm just saying, I mean...just sayin'."




Rowan: C'est fin! Adieu! Adieu! Adieu!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get the postcard yet? Assuming I put on enough postage. Also, have you mailed the rec. letter yet?

Just got back into Toronto a few hours ago and I'm pretty depressed already, le ghey sigh.

takahashi said...

Give me postcards!!!!!!!!!!!