7.24.2008

transplanting the transplants


L and I both remember lots of catalogs in our respective houses as we grew up. It seems buying clothes and things via catalog is something that married/family people do. I hadn't seen a catalog in about 10 yrs and had almost wiped LLBean and Land's End from my memory when an American Apparel catalog appeared at our door. Naturally times change, so now instead of New England themed flannels and fishermen's hats, our catalogs include the tri-blend Track Shirt and California Fleece Pullover Raglan Hoody Dress.

As you can see, Rowan was not into the catalog.








Rowan has found two new motivations for learning to crawl: running from green dinosaurs and chasing multi-colored kittens.

We're gearing up for more visitors and a round of packing and moving. We lasted almost 9 months at our current address. That's under our average, but L and I have moved every couple years since leaving for our respective undergrad universities and are excited about staying in one place for a few years. I keep using the word "respective," maybe because everything L and I do henceforth will be in tandem (with the possible exception of bike-riding).

Anyway, we're moving the first week of Aug, and we'll have painting/moving help from the granmas and Uncle T. We've been choosing colors (kind of a nightmare). It's like playing Risk, or a playground version of "Middle East Peace Negotiation," but without the good humor.


Just kidding, we're not fighting about it. But it's still a nightmare. (This is not a plea for decorating advice. Please do not forward color-schemes.)

We've been treated to a couple days of sleep-in Ro. He's been sleeping slightly later, and having fun no-pants mornings before we crawl out of bed. However, our cats have started getting us up at 5 or so.





I got back from work and walked into the big room the other day to find my kitten in bed with my hand puppet. It was shocking! Look at those lascivious cretaceous jaws!

I'm done with tutoring for the summer, so I'll be spending my days packing things up. L is at phlebotomy training today. Please forward your "lobotomy" jokes to imateenagephlebotomy@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That can't be your child - he's gigantic!

Also, I've never played a game of Risk with good humor, and I've always played with the two of you! Hahahaha

xoxo
GR

Unknown said...

The first photo made me lolz.

I'm thinking of heading down to NY for a week this weekend w/ the student loan money that I assume I'm gonna get, you should be similarly reckless and skip out on packing chores and come up! I was actually thinking about a surprise visit down to g-bro, but then I looked on the map and n-car is a lot further down than I thought (will be taking a bus down to NY if I do go, bus down to n-car form NY would take a bazillion years it looks).