7.20.2008

We're busy wrapping up another weekend here in Greensboro (I still haven't discovered what the cool kids call Greensboro, so I'm resigned to calling it by its full and proper name. Sigh.). These past few days have been a good mixture of hassle and chillax. I had to work late Friday and part of the day yesterday, but that was okay. I have also started phlebotomy training, which is part of my work as well. The first portion of this training consisted of me doing a venipuncture. I was assured that I'd get to practice on a citrus or a detached dummy arm, but I found myself using a real needle on a real human. Ro has a new favorite toy. The other morning as I performed a hasty brushing, he kept fussing and reaching for the toothbrush. Who am I to deny a baby some soothing soft bristle action? Mercer says he hopes Ro doesn't become a dentist because dentists have higher suicide rates than folks in other professions. My dentist seems pretty happy. She should be--she's totally raking in the dough from my rotten, sugar-addled British chompers. Speaking of rotten, Merc just found two typos in the Sunday NYTimes. All the news that's fit to print? More like all the . . . periods that are fit to . . . be missing! Yeah! As I started to say earlier, we have had a pretty enjoyable weekend. Last night we went out to dinner with the neighbors. Our neighbor John turned seven. We went to a hibachi restaurant to celebrate. I was a little worried about bringing Ro. We have an uneven history of eating out. By uneven I mean that we have completed one meal out sans having to beat a hasty retreat from the dining area, screaming baby in tow. But this place last night was so full of din from family fun and sizzling grease that Ro's screams were totally drowned out. Tasty!
Today, we did a little shopping. Mercer bought some shirts in various shades of blue, and I bought a bikini to replace the one that Audie ate last week. We paused mid-shop for some ice cream and a lovely headbutt (see above). Both Mercer and I are ice cream monsters these days. But now that the garden is cranking up production, we'll hopefully be indulging in more than just ice cream soon. Sadly, we're moving in a couple weeks, right in the midst of the most bounteous month. I'm seriously considering uprooting our plants and bringing them with us . . . think they'd survive?
Dsepite Audie's ambivalence towards Ro, the two have discovered they do in fact have some things in common, such as a mutual love of pouncing on and shredding newspapers. Rowan is trying very hard to become mobile; the cats' twitching tails have proven quite tantalizing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just G-boro, perhaps? The Great Greensby? G's-burger?

Watch out, little Ro'. Furry tails are too often attached to sharp claws.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
T