8.25.2008

1st Day of School



R: Do you see what I see?
Mama: Yes, it's the birthday cake! It has chocolate drizzle! Drizzle!!!
R: Yes, let's eat it!!!
Mama: Way ahead of you!!!!!

Well, Ro didn't eat any but me and L sure did a number on B-nizzle's Hershey Kiss cake. Like a resolution in the UN, that sucker never had a chance. Now it's gone.

Moment of silence.

We've begun the house maintenance and minor repairs portion of our lives. Our first step was to stumble onto someone who knows what they're doing. In my program, we're all assigned 2nd year mentors who can help us out with teaching etc. My mentor's hubby is from the moutains of Arkansas where there aren't any repair people, so he's handy. And, lucky for me, generous. He came over and showed me a couple of things about light fixtures. Long story short, there's light in the baby's room now.

As I typed that last paragraph, Liz was wondering aloud where the birds on our porch went. They're like the little telling detail in the portrait that's the reason you like it without knowing it exactly. We like it when the babies go crazy when the mama comes back with food and peep. But we haven't seen them in a couple days.

I held my first class this morning. Without boring/astounding you with the force of my pedagogy, I'll just say that no one walked out, cried, or yelled "This is bull%#&*! A success. I also attended the first of my Latin classes (I'm studying Latin for my language requirement). I've never done it before, but so far it rules real hard.

Ro still doesn't know who the handsome little Narcissus in the mirror is, but he sure seems to like him.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey if you ever need help with latin I can get you in touch with a buddy of mine, he just finished his phd and taught latin at graduate lvl

ess said...

mercer is a leeetle too excited about latin. every time i see him postclass he's, like, glowing and effusive.