10.19.2008




Mercer's computer is pretty ornery about moving pix around in Blogger, so they'll remain tacked to the heading of the page, sans explanations.

The S-B family just returned from a pumpkin-carving party. It was pretty cool--there was chili to be had, pumpkin carving apparati to be conquered, ex-neighbors to reminisce with. I for one am coasting along on a major sugar high, fueled by the deadly trifecta of candy corn, cupcakes, and brownies. Merc was more tempted by the mummies (hot dogs wrapped in croissant dough). I'm pretty sure we all exceeded our daily allowance of garbage. I let Ro try a tiny bite of chili--big mistake. He spent the rest of the time lunging and whining. I'm pretty sure he is my id, all spiffed up in cuteness.
So yup, we have pretty much abandoned the uber-careful, administer new foods one at a time and wait and see if they cause any untoward reactions. We have kinda relented and let him guide the process now--within reason.
In other news, Ro has decided not to sleep, really. And when Ro ain't sleeping, nobody's sleeping. I think it may be a combo of teething and a new daycare, but it has been a little tough.
We're all swept up in Halloween frenzy over here. Our neighborhood is home to swarms of young'uns, so we're prepping for trick-or-treaters already (and by that I mean have purchased drawerfuls of candy that will likely experience major depletion before the first grubby paw raps on the door on Halloween night). There's also gonna be a carnival down the block, complete with a haunted trail that'll wind through the park next door. I volunteered Mercer to be a zombie.
I am going to take this rare naptime oppertunity to (grudgingly) attempt to mop the crusted squash and cereal off the kitchen floor. More later!

No comments: