10.16.2008

pretty good

So yeah, it was a pretty good week. Ro is teething something fierce, which has caused him to get up to all kinds of shenanigans, shenanigans like waking up at 3am thinking it is time for fun and play. He crashed a few minutes ago, but I already hear cranky stirrings emanating from his direction. Uh-oh. Mercer and I are seriously sleep deprived, and Ro goes about his day looking like he's wearing eyeliner he's so sleepy.

This was also Ro's first week in his new daycare. The arrangement seems to be working out well so far. His new provider has a three year old daughter, who has really taken to Ro (and I think the feeling is mutual. He loves pulling her hair.). It's kind of a downer that their first week together has been marred by the specter of budding teeth-induced crankiness, but she seems to have taken it in stride.

For my part, I am waiting on Mercer to come home from class so we can eat slash updating my music collection for the first time in a long, long time. I am not too hip to what the kids are listening to these days (though there is some pretty good college radio in GSO), so I just downloaded some albums from bands I liked back in the day. After all that music-procurin' I am too sleepy to download pictures as well, but more are in the works.

And I don't know about y'all but my obsession with the news has gotten a tad bit unhealthy. It's time for this election to go ahead and be over. NC has early voting, so I'll probably hit the polls before too long.

PS: T, you oughta go see GirlTalk: Urbana, 11.5!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Liz you remember this comic?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/pluginthejebus1/forliz.jpg

ess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ess said...

Oh, Sam, leave it to you . . . you got any Garfields or Cathys lying around?