11.26.2008

pre-thanksgiving tailgate

There has been a dearth of postage as of late, mostly because Nick and Ann have landed in Greensboro and we have been otherwise occupied with fun-having. They came into town Friday night. I had to work that night, so off we all went to a local gay bar. It was pretty fun, but I always forget you can smoke indoors here, as I never go out here and I got really used to smoke-free bars in New York and New England.

Anyhow, so yes, the fun-having commenced Friday night. Saturday we chilled and ate a giant cupcake.Sunday and Monday we trucked on over to Asheville, which lies over in them thar hills to the west of us. Mercer stayed at home to keep the cats company. I just remember having a lot of fun, so I asked Ann for a recap of our Asheville soujourn. She says that we ate a lot and walked around and ate cheesy poofs while watching crap tv. So there you have it. Saturday night, we went out to eat. Ro chowed down on catfish, root veggies, mashed potatoes, yams, and a bunch of other stuff. Shortly thereafter he went to sleep and the three of us snuck several hours of trash tv. None of us have had cable in a really long time. Monday morning we ate a veggie brunch (Ro helped me polish off my seitan stew) before driving home in the rain. I have had to work the past few days, so Nick and Ann ventured alone into the wilds of Greensboro to complete the Thanksgiving grocery shopping. Right now we have a turkey brining, cheesecake in the over, and stuffing in the works. We ran out of cornmeal, so I substituted a mix of whole wheat flour, flaxseed oat cereal, and crushed cheesy curls. We'll see how it turns out. Ro has really enjoyed having visitors around. He's quite the crazy driver these days (okay, the video is over a month old and I am just getting around to downloading, but you get the gist of it). I also need to update back posts with pictures from Maryland and stuff!

3 comments:

smoov daddy t said...

that photo of nick feeding ro is too cute! hope y'all have a great thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

When the vid was looking it said on the top left "Buffering" wouldn't it be cool if it said "Buftering"?

Ro is getting cuter by each post.

Also, tell Mufter that Rach popped out her 5th, Lulu Shazza Remedios Rakovan. No, I'm not kidding.

Anonymous said...

heh.. Buftering.

Tell Lem I missed her at Thanksgiving. I just can't watch the parade without her.

-GR