1.04.2009

catchin' up

Oh my, so how can I even begin to cover the events of the past several weeks, especially with a thumbed tabby kitten nibbling at my hand? Poor kittens--they're so attention-starved. I still love 'em, but they get their pats between baby care and dishwashing.

ANYWAYS, where to begin? Well, to sum it all up, we hit Georgia, came back, got sick, saw some amazing aunties, and now it's back to life as we know it (read: insanity).

Ro did amazingly well on his first set of plane flights. I just nursed him on takeoff and that seemed to distract him nicely. He spent most of the remainder of the time popping up and peeking at the folks behind us and trying to rub the bald pate of the gent in front of us. Georgia, as always, was amazing. It was my first week off since maternity leave, so that made it all the more wonderful. It was a happy blur of long walks through some of the prettiest landscape I know, time spent with family, and more delicious food than you can shake a stick at. I should've been much more diligent about documenting the whole trip, but here are a couple snaps from Ro's first Christmas. It now appears I took photos on about two occasions during the vacation, but I captured a few of the motley characters that make up my family. Ro was truly entranced by everyone. I have these two cousins who are between Ro's generation and mine, and Ro was watching them very closely to see how the big boys roll. Actually, they're hilarious, smart, and very sweet--about the best adolescent role models you could hope for. Okay, all this picture downloading and typing has proven too much for me to handle for one night. But fear not! In the next installment of this blog: four amazing Aunties descend upon Greensboro, delighting Ro to no end! I get the flu! Good food is eaten, noisemakers are blown, and Alyssa and I please a scavenger hunting couple! Okay, that was kind of a spoiler.

No comments: