1.14.2009

we likes to party.

So much has gone down in the last week-ish! It would be so much easier if I could get up the motivation to post more frequently, but that never seems to happen. Plus, my folks gave the S-B household a new camera for Christmas (thanks, guys!) but I have not yet downloaded the software and am too tired to do so right now. So this is going to be one of them boring will-post-pix-later posts. Yawn! (Typing that actually made me yawn).

I don't remember anything that went down between the time the awesome foursome departed and last Saturday. But last Saturday Mercer, Ro and I set out on a walk that was supposed to be a couple miles, but somehow I visualized the trail we had been on ending in a different spot and . . . long story short we ended up taking quite a hike. Mercer got very grumpy and I got a little loopy and Ro was a trooper. Our flagging spirits were revived by the sight of a new noodle & sushi spot on the way back. Yum!

Then Sunday stuff got even iller and sicker, and I mean that in, like, the best possible, Beastie Boys sense of the word(s). T and Amy came down from Farmville, where they had arrived the previous day. I'll admit to having an unquenchable curiosity about the oft-spoken-of but never-seen Amy. Well, now, having met her I can't say enough good things about her. She made a big impression on everyone in the household. Even the usually recalcitrant Lemmy was sitting on her lap within an hour of her entering the house. And of course Ro loved being passed back and forth between her and Uncle T. They left today and the house feels empty. It also feels more put-together than before, because between T & Amy, the shower drain got unclogged, my busted car got jumped, the dangerous carpeting on the stairs got nailed down, the floor got mopped . . . I could go on and on. But we'll miss them bunches! After all the fun guests we've been having as of late, he's going to be so bored with just Mercer & me. Luckily, we're headed to Maryland this weekend, so he'll get to bask in the presence of more family! We can't wait to see everybody.

In Ro news, the ability to walk has come on super-fast. He's regularly walking across rooms now and it's hard to remember that he took his first steps just a few weeks ago. He's also getting so communicative, which is so exciting! He's signing and learning new sounds and showing comprehension. Every day he seems more aware of how to make his needs known. Yesterday, we were playing one of his favorite games, where he points to something and says "this" and you have to fill in the name of the object. He pointed at different things on the table--doughnut, paper towel, and then at a carton of milk. When I said "milk," got this really perplexed look on his face, like "no it's not," and turned to me and tried to nurse! Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I miss you guys a ton. We're still on for Seattle in the summer, right?

Anonymous said...

um... if you come to the west coast, I demand to see you!

-GR

ess said...

yay west coast! i am frantically saving my vacation time . . .