4.23.2009

in blogging one day you are in, the next day you are out


well, I can't find the g*d* camera, so we are without fresh pictures yet again...an old one for the memories...but speaking of &*#%$, it seems that we in the pillowfort now need to watch our cussin'. the other weekend, at a friend's *%&$ bday party in #@$@@ raleigh, mama's ears perked up from a rollicking conversation to hear rowan stomping around saying "s***!" "s***!" of course, everything he says seems to be punctuated with an exclamation point.


I'm going to be reading poetry at a Starbucks tonight. The last time I did a reading, R was about 7 weeks old, but blissfully asleep in a loud club. I doubt there will be that kind of peace this time. he'll probably make lots of new friends and try to steal upside-down-nonfat-caramel-macchiatos.


my semester ends in about two weeks, at which point L will be blasting "School's Out for Summer" at top volume, since at that point she can stop hearing about academic prose!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see that you are up and posting again!

Unknown said...

Poetry reading. Starbucks. My head exploded.

takahashi said...

Yep, as one of my old store managers said "thanks a latte," to which i replied "go choke-a on your mocha"

anyway, it was fun to read poems again.