4.26.2009

local tiger is NOT playin

This man is out of his backwards-facing infant seat and into a forward-facing kid seat for babies. Also, it is now, like 90 here in the Souf, so R is currently wearing far fewer clothes than pictured....to be exact, he'd wearing a green American Apparel wifebeater and socks. That is all. It's almost tubby time, and the buns are free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the Science Center today and saw a zoo and a petting zoo, so we saw tigers and meerkats and petted some goats and sheep. Actually, I kind of had a little, let's say, run-in with the tiger. He was pacing around, sniffing, and making a face like he was concentrating really hard. I was saying things like, "Wow! Meow!" I looked at L and pointed at the tiger as if to say "This guy! This guy!" When I turned back, I saw the tiger's, let's say, heiney (sp?). I was then sprayed with a well-aimed jet of glandular fluids and secretions that fell like a summer shower over my perfectly coiffed hairdo. I was, like so many adolescents who think that they're invincible, in a tiger's "spray-zone" (i.e. highway to the dangerzone) and I got got. Eep.

Well, I can hear R winding down (code word for "yelling") in the next room.

Here's an beginning-of-spring shot of R and I. The appearance and disappearance of the tape was pretty amazing to him.

Our garden (courtesy of Ye-Ye and Aunt Han) is starting to come up. R tries to crawl into the planter boxes, and loves watering.






R: Yes, of course I'll lie here peacefully and let you change my heavy-wetty diaper with no complaint, impatience, distraction, irrational hollering or abject writhing. Of course. I always do.

Mama: Thank you, baby. You're being so cooperative.

R: Like I said, there is no reason for you to expect anything different from me, as you are, of course, aware of the proceedings of nearly all previous lifetime diaper changes and have personal knowledge of, well I would guess, at least 50--let's call it 50% of previous changes. Thus, you have little reason to expect something less than nearly "smooth sailing."

Mama: You're being sooooo good. Let's just finish this up. Haaaang in there. Goooooooood.

R: Well, frankly it's starting to agitate me that you're acting as if I never ever sit still long enough for a diaper change...as if there was a single three-day period in which I lay still (and then only because Asha showed me how to be cooperative). That's the kind of thing that makes me want to thrash around! You know what? You know what! I DON'T THINK I CAN SIT--

Mama: All done.

R: Oh, great. You seen the blocks? Smell you later.

Mama: Wheew!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Srsly now, you make a post about getting sprayed by a tiger, and I get this verification word:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/pluginthejebus1/reckum.jpg

Also, proof:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/pluginthejebus1/IMG_0139.jpg