2.28.2008

Name-name

Liz has suggested that we create a chart matching names to days and then we can name baby boy based on the day he is born. We have too many combos. In addition to the names currently polling, we have new faves and suggestions: Rand, Alban, and Thurston. We also like Jarvis. This thing is spiraling out of control.

I let the news slip to my class earlier this week and they were very excited for about fifteen minutes. A student asked me where I was going for Spring Break.

Me: Nowhere. Actually, we'll be having a baby within the next week.
Student: I didn't know you had a wife.
Me: Well, technically I don't.
Student: Oh, are you adopting?
Me: (muffled harharhar)

Several other students thought that was pretty funny. Today, it was as if they never knew (and likely for the best).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we all know you're gonna call the kid gromies, so what's it matter what goes on the birth certificate?

--GR