2.06.2008

plain text

This blog is getting boring due to lack of visual stimulation. Maybe I'll try to seek out some fun things to photograph. Well, obviously I am out of the hospital and back in the world outside (I was only there for a couplea days). Today I got an obfuscating letter from the insurance agency addressed to me, the hospital, and the admitting doc. The basic gist seemed to be that they understood I had been admitted for something, and they weren't going to cover services, but they weren't not going to cover services. Umm, thanks for the scoop, I guess! PS: They best cover services. My alien fluids (tm Ann) are still low but I'm undergoing plenty o' monitoring. I get these non-stress tests to monitor the baby's heartbeat reactions to things like movement and contractions. The tests make me feel like I'm in a lab-based psych experiment circa 1964--my belly gets wrapped in elastic monitors and a printout slowly emerges from an adjacent machine and every once in a while if the baby's asleep or not moving much a nurse comes in and rings a cowbell to make him startle. Maybe he'll be a Blue Oyster Cult Fan. Anyhow, apparently ultrasounds are only but so accurate in diagnosing such things as low amniotic fluid, so hopefully I'll avoid induction. Plus he's still being very vigorous. I woke up last night feeling something was wrong and then realized I was just stressed because he wasn't kicking the bejezus out of me. It has been the past week or so that I can't go out in public without being stopped and asked when I was due. Usually such a comment is prefaced by the statement "You look like you're about to pop!" or followed up by the query "yesterday?"

Oooh, these elections are getting so exciting I can barely stand it. It 100% makes up for having such a sucky Super Bowl this year. Sorry, Giants fans--in fairness, I didn't watch.

In other news, I spent the day getting car insurance and attending a curious training. Though my job has nothing much to do with such issues, county employees sure get a good dose of Emergency Preparedness. But let me go eat before hunger compels me to do something foolish like blogging about auto insurance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pic idea: ohh I dunno how about a drawing of kitten & unicorn on your belly? I mean, it was one missed opportunity in NY, it'd be anotherr if Unicr0n comes out and your baby oven's not there anymore.