11.01.2008

frightmare

It has been a long, tough week here in the S-B household, thus the whole no bloggage thing. Ro and I came down with the plague. Mercer was harried as ever. I had long work hours.

But we're back with a bang! We celebrated Halloween in style (if by style you mean sweatpants) last night. I was tempted to take Ro trick or treating, but I figured such a blatant maternal ploy for candy would be too transparent. So instead we lay low and awaited trick-or-treaters, which we got in abundance. It's pretty fun being part of a trick-or-treat neighborhood again. We got lots o rascals pounding down the door, and somehow, between us and them, the six plus bags of candy I purchased for the occasion got eaten.

Tonight there was a little shindig in the hood. Glenwood celebrated its first annual Halloween festival, and it was pretty fun. There were old-school carnival games and a cakewalk and face painting and the like. I baked a cake and haphazardly attempted to garner corporate donations. Ro seemed to enjoy it all. He sneezed a lot and kicked his legs energetically, which is always a sign of stimulation. The night's festivities ended with a super-spooky haunted trail for big kids and grown-ups. That's where Mercer is now. The park next door is all decked out with a chainsaw killer, a coffined-up dead bride, a severed head rolling down a slide, heads on stakes, hanged ladies, a living tree, and a zombie (Mercer). I can hear the screams emanating from next door and want to take a spin-through, but can't leave slumbering babies. For his part, Ro seemed pretty pleased with it all. He grinned at the undead folk and giggled at all the blood. It's funny how a loud "Boo" can scare him but he's completely unfazed by gore.

Also, a sign he's getting a sense of humor: today, he barfed, caught it in his hand, and giggled as he rubbed it in my shirt. Haha. I feel like blog posts lately have been either text or pix, but I'll post again soon. With pix!

No comments: