1.10.2008



Hmmm, blogs are kinda like diaries, right, only more narcissistic on account of you think other people care? Only sometimes you can have a blog under another pretense, like a topical blog on a Serious Topic. Like babies!

So anyhow, Sam and Gromies, our two readers, here is what I did today:

I went to work. Work's for jerks. I'm not going to write anything about work on this blog though. That would be highly unprofessional. Then I went to yoga. Boy howdy do I love yoga! When I got back there were these amazing muffins awaiting me. They were cornbready, with just the right crumbliness and sweetness and corniness. After I downed a few, Mercer told me his secret: he used heavy whipping cream as a substitute for nonfat buttermilk. We did the math and that plus the 5 tablespoons of butter added up to 135 grams of fat. Best. Muffins. Ever.

Last Sunday we went a'walkin' (See photos above. Obviously I have much to learn about the fine art of adding photos to blog posts in appropriate locations.). Greensboro has some great opportunities for footed recreation in the form of Greenways and paths and such. All these paths, they seem used but not too used. And they're frequented by friendly folks. That sounds like some sort of travel destination slogan. Anyhow, maybe I'll go to bed soon. I have been craving coffee a lot lately, but I guess there's no point to starting up now that I have made it this far without caffeine. Plus I think the craving is more mental than physical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

instead of wilderness shots, I think your next photo should be of the place with all the milkshakes. That's where I plan on a'goin' when I'm a'visitin'.

Ps I think I saw this picture of Mercer in an album at his parents house titled "Mercer turns 5". Burn!

-GR

Anonymous said...

more odds!

love,
mercer