1.23.2008

Props ain't theatrical

Yes, although I don't have the fancy pictures on my post, I also wanted to say how awesome all of you were...organizers, bbq eaters, well-wishers, even pirates and knife-wielders. The shower was the best ever, and it was great to catch up with old friends, and pick up where we all left off.

I(we) also want to say thank you to everyone for all the awesome baby things. Today a number of packages came in the mail and it was like a prenatal Christmas miracle! And, yes, we've been putting baby diapers on kittens!

Since we got back, life has returned to busytimes. I just started at the Guilford tutoring center today, and met some of the faculty. Guilford has lots of poets working there (not necessarily teaching poetry) and I chatted with some new folks. I think I'm even going to read on campus.

Voting is still open on names for baby Buftwick. The front runners from bbq were Henry, Julian, and Sebastian. (Liz says we'll put up a poll--so I want BOTH of you to vote. If 'Hawesometron' wins, we'll know someone double voted, so don't even try it.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, in a poll of 2 people, there's a good chance it'll come to a tie. Don't tell me you two are gonna have some say in your baby's naming, cuz that's undemocratic and the last thing you want's for your kid to begin his life as a bad american.

Anonymous said...

is it weird that at first I was reading this with Liz's voice, until I got to the part about teaching and poets?

-GR

PS I vote Gromies.