1.13.2008

Yoga studio prenatals

We just got back from the second and last day of our weekend labor and delivery crash course seminar at Family Yoga, where Liz has been taking prenatal classes a couple times a week. It was pretty awesome. I had to wear pajama pants and no shoes or socks, but I got over it. We did some easy yoga as partners, which I thought was really cool, and then we covered things like infant massage (quite useful), breathing and pushing, and what to take to the hospital.

I'm teaching a class at Guilford College this semester, so I'm trying to finish my syllabus and what-not before Tuesday. I'm pretty excited about it--they encourage lots of interesting material in the classroom, so I'm going to use texts by Paulo Freire, V.S. Naipaul and James Baldwin. I think I may even use some poems.

Liz and I will be in New York next weekend for a baby-shower/reception/ party/thing and we're psyched to see everyone. However, we are glad to be in a state where it never gets that cold. We'll be the ones in knit baby caps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I's 90% sure I's coming down, how long you staying? I'll probs be there this weekend and stay til 'round Feb 3rd.