1.16.2008

how 'bout that weather?

Greensboro is abuzz tonight with anticipation for the weather event of the season! I quote, from the official local severe weather alert: CONFIDENCE CONTINUES TO INCREASE THAT THERE WILL BE A LIGHT ACCUMULATION UP TO ONE INCH OF SNOW AND SLEET LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY . . . THIS IS THE FIRST NOTABLE WINTER WEATHER EVENT THIS SEASON. IT HAS BEEN A FEW YEARS SINCE MANY RESIDENTS HAVE TRAVELED IN WINTRY WEATHER. I am pretty excited to live in a climate where an inch of accumulation constitutes a weather situation so dire that workplaces (like mine) feel compelled to send out bulletins detailing these weather alerts every two hours.

Okay, enough polite weather chitchat: I am soooooo excited to see everyone in NYC this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sssssssssooooooooooo excited to see you! Bring a hat, it's cold!!

--GR

Unknown said...

Gromster, I'm gonna defer to your expertise on this one, but WHY THE HELL IS SOUTHERLY NY OF USA COLDER THAN NORTHERNLY TORONTO OF CANADA?!? I have yet to liberate my winter gear from their boxes, MAN.

ess said...

Gromster. A-ha-ha-ha. That is all.

Anonymous said...

I'm SUPER EXCITED to see you too!

Anonymous said...

saminator,

hell if I know! I just got back to California where jackets are optional.... but today we had a nice mix of snow-rain. well, actually it was more like rain-snow.

can't wait to see you!

--GR