3.22.2008

Easter Funday

This is what Easter is all about...anthropomorphic food. Today, Liz, Granma S and I did lots of cooking. We made BunnyBread and FrenchOnionSoup. It was about 70 degrees F and now that spring has officially started, I had to mow the lawn for the first time. I looked up as I was mowing, saw Liz and Rowie watching from the screen-door to the kitchen and...wait a minute...I think I saw a movie about this.


The neighbor kids were out helping their folks in the garden again. The bad news is our first (and basically single) effort at beautifying the property blew away in a rain storm the other night. The tulips we planted a few weeks ago lost all their petals.








Rowan has been pretty good. He's gotten the gas bad, however, and has taken to inconsolable screaming. So we're combining some baby massage and Mylicon (thanks, cousin Eliza) and Ro is getting by okay.

Below, Liz and I wonder why Ro is not screaming.
















"Oh, right," said Rowan. "I forgot to scream for a minute there. I don't know what I was thinking."
"That's cool," said Papi. "You can pick up where you left off."
"Yes," said Mama, "I was waiting to see how your scream ended."
"Okay," said Rowan. "Now, where was I. Oh yes,..."















This morning we went to the farmer's market nearby. They have some good stuff. Local milk, bread, eggs, vegetables, etc. We packed Rowie into a carrier we got courtesy of Rick and Gail B (Thanks guys!) and carted him around the bazaar. I tell you what...everyone loves a baby.

Passerby 1: He is such a cute baby. How old is he?
Me: 16 days.
Passerby 1: I'm going to cry! (Passerby 1 flees, visibly emotional)




Here, Rowan pretends to be a sack of potatoes.











Jeez, what else? Uncle T headed back to Illinois this morning after appearing with a piece of flooring cut to fit a broken threshold. He showed up, cut some notches, affixed said piece of flooring to the floor, and left, refusing all remuneration, thanks and/or gratitude.



So, thanks Uncle T! We expect even more visits soon: AGMs? Uncle Sam? Eh? Eh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, I must visit!

-GR

ps, bunny bread looks delish

Unknown said...

Can I get grits w/ sausage gravy down there?

takahashi said...

actually, combinations of gravies and grits is ALL you can get down here.

Anonymous said...

sam - they reportedly have a fast food restaurant with over 30 different kinds of milkshakes.

-GR

Unknown said...

Ohh man I'm coming down as soon as i hear from St A's then.

Also, this:

http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/03-07-08-toys/partagas1501.jpg

Anonymous said...

If I had to describe Liz and why I love her I'd simply show the picture of the bunny bread. MEEES YOU!!!!!

ess said...

bunny bread sure is cute, but then you feel guilty slicing into it. you have to wonder: should i just eat an ear at a time and pick off the sides, or should i just go ahead and slice in? feels so brutal . . .

ps also, cs, the biscuits down here are like 333% bigger than northern biscuits.